I want to thank everyone who e-mailed me nominations for this giveaway.
The Grand Prize Winner is the Richardson Family who was nominated by Jennifer Roush. She wrote: “Glenn and I attend church with the Richardson family. Their 7-year-old son Carson has battled cancer since he was 3 1/2. He has fought through many rounds of chemo and radiation and a bunch of surgeries. At 7, he has already reached the lifetime cap that his insurance company will cover. They are a sweet family that has placed their trust in God that He has the ultimate plan for their sweet son. They are working on raising money for Carson’s medical costs with an event called “Generations for Carson” that will be this January that will be at Cottonwood Creek. I know they would truly cherish family photos. Seeing that their main focus right now is to be able to cover the cost of his continued medical care.”
I’m just so thankful to be able to give of my talents to others and I thank everyone for supporting me in my business this year. Merry Christmas!!!
Here is the information about the “Giving is Awesome” movement among photographers across the country:
Being the holidays season, hundreds of photographers are taking part in “Giving is Awesome” and opportunity for us to give back to those in need. I need your help to choose someone in our community to give my services and some sweet products to. You know someone. You know someone who’s experienced a tragedy, is struggling to stay afloat, is raising kids while holding down more than one job, or is volunteering selflessly despite extenuating personal circumstances. You know someone who can’t afford custom photography, but who would cherish it this holiday season. You know someone who deserves a year-round reminder of their family’s spirit, love, and beauty. It can be a couple (young or old), a family, a senior—someone who would cherish the gift of photography.
You know someone. I guarantee it.
I want to know who they are, and I want to give them the chance to experience complimentary custom photography — $1,500 worth, to be exact. The winner will receive a 1-2 hour on location session, medium resolution files, 100 4×6 prints, (1) 20×30 canvas, (3)8×10 prints and (3) 5×7 prints. It’s in your power to give them the artwork they deserve this holiday season.
Oh, and the best part? The person who nominates the winner receives a $250 print credit to be used if they book a portrait session with me. What better reason to show some love could there possibly be, people?
• Submit your name and phone number, along with a story about the person/family you are nominating and why you believe they deserve this wonderful gift along with a phone number and e-mail address for the person/family you are nominating. The more detail, the better. I really want to know why you have a heart to help out this person/family with this gift.
• You cannot nominate yourself, and the person nominated must sincerely be incapable of purchasing my services. (Being unable to make mortgage payments for a two-million-dollar-vacation-home in Paris does not qualify as sincere financial need.)
• The nominee must reside in Dallas (or the many suburbs surrounding (within 45 miles). Tell me who you know, what they’re experiencing, and why they deserve my artwork. Please include a way to contact both your nominee and yourself as well.
• The prize is non-transferable. The winner is the winner, they cannot pass the prize to someone else.
• The winner must complete their portrait session by May 2010.
• You must e-mail me the full story : firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will accept nominations until 12/23/09. The winner will be announced on my blog on Christmas Eve—get nominating! I can’t wait to read all of your entries!
Open your heart to someone this holiday season—and thanks for giving me the opportunity to open mine.